As you are aware, we are now in Tier 4 and have to close our gyms until further notice. We would like to remind you of our zoom rules and protocols.
As a club, we obviously have to follow the rules to keep everyone safe, but it is such a shame as gymnasts have settled back into their classes so well. We have been gradually building up their confidence and skills. We have also been fortunate that new members have joined us and also settled in well, increasing in confidence and having lots of fun. We have seen some wonderful work across all groups and we are keen to encourage our gymnasts to continue their training even though we are unable to have sessions in the gym.
- All gymnasts will be sent a zoom link for their classes before their class – this is for the use of Spring gymnasts only*.
- An adult will need to be present to supervise and make sure gymnasts are in a safe environment.
- When you log in to zoom you will automatically be put in the waiting room. Your teacher will let you into the class at the beginning of your session. Try to join 10 minutes before the class to allow time for the host to accept all the correct students.
- Make sure you have permission (if you are under 16 or using someone else’s device)
- Do not use personal phones or devices whilst on Gymnastics zoom calls, other than the device you are joining on.
- Please ensure you know how to mute and unmute your microphone.
- Your video should be on.
- Gymnast’s name (not a nickname) should appear at the bottom of your screen to help your teacher identify who to allow into the call.
- Please ensure you are in a leotard/unitard or tee-shirt and shorts/leggings for the session.
- Please make sure long hair is tied up.
- No eating whilst on Gymnastics zoom calls please.
- Have some water in a bottle close by.
- Try to always stay in view of the camera
- Ideally, have a mat/area of carpet to use and as much space around you as possible.
- By clicking on the link to join the class, you confirm to abide by these protocols. All live and recorded content is the property of Spring Gymnastics and is not to be shared with third parties.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems which prevent you from accessing the class.
We are aware that, understandably, lockdowns can cause anxiety in many children. Hopefully, this lockdown will be a little easier for them because schools will remain open. We strongly feel it is in the best interests of our gymnasts to keep things as ‘normal’ as possible, which is why we are keen for gymnastics groups to still ‘meet’ together each week. This will help both the physical and mental well-being of our members over the coming weeks.
Our sessions are planned in accordance with British Gymnastics guidelines for safe training at home. Your gymnast will be insured for home training in the same way that they are insured when they are in the gym, but an adult will need to be present to supervise and make sure they are in a safe environment.
NB. If your BG membership is not up to date, you will be unable to partake in the online sessions, so please ensure this has been renewed.
Your January fees will charged as per your preference on the google form. You should receive notification from Go Cardless as to when monies will leave your account. Please do not cancel your fees as we will continue to offer training over the coming month, albeit in a different format. If you are struggling financially, please let us know by replying to this email.
As always, thank you for your ongoing support at this difficult time – together we will get through this. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
*If you wish to add another email address to your gymnast’s account, please email email@example.com as soon as possible. Zoom links will be sent to all email addresses on a gymnast’s account.