Spring Gymnastics privacy notice – members
At Spring Gymnastics we take your privacy seriously and will ensure your personal information is kept secure. We provide gymnastics activities and are registered with Eastern Region Gymnastics Association and British Gymnastics who govern the sport and offer competitions and events in which we may participate.
How we use information about you
We need to process information about you or your child for the following reasons:
- Contractual purposes
To provide the gymnastics activity you have requested, communicate with you about this activity, changes to our terms and conditions and to process payments (if relevant).
- Legitimate interests
To meet the legitimate aims of the club and ensure your child is well supported and safe whilst participating in gymnastics. This includes:
- Carrying out any relevant risk assessments – Some individuals may present with a medical condition that may be a risk of harmed from participating in gymnastics. It is vital that you share any relevant medical information. We will ask for your agreement to undertake any appropriate assessments.
- Identifying any reasonable adjustments and adaptations to support inclusion – If you or your child has a disability or any special needs, we will review the information you have provided to help us identify any actions we can take to support inclusion. We may need to ask you for more information to help us in this process.
- Responding to any comments, questions or complaints you may send us.
- Maintaining class attendance records and contact details for emergency purposes.
- Filming and taking photos for coaching purposes and/or to promote the club on our website, club social media account and in communications. All film and photos of children will only be published in line with our safeguarding policy.
You have the right to object to any of the above uses of your information by contacting us. Please note that in some cases, this may affect our ability to carry out the things we need to do for you to take part in gymnastics.
- Legal reasons – To comply with applicable laws and protect legitimate club interests and legal rights. This includes, but is not limited to the use of your information relating to legal claims and compliance and regulatory activity.
- Marketing – With your consent, we may send you information by email, SMS or via social media about club news, activities, products and opportunities that we think will be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop sending you this information at any point by amending your preferences in ‘My Account’, or, if applicable, by following the instructions in the relevant communication.
Why we share your information
We will not share your information with any other organisations except with your consent or in exceptional/emergency circumstances where we believe that the sharing of information about you is vital to protect you, your child or another person.
If you/your child want(s) to enter a competition provided by an external organisation, we will, with your agreement, share the information required to enter the event, usually name, DOB and gender. Most competitions are large events and there are likely to be photographers and people filming.
You have the right to see the personal information we hold about you. You can log in to ‘My Account’ at any time to view/amend/delete the information we hold about you on this system. You can also request a copy of any other information we hold by writing to us.
If we do hold other information about you, you can ask us to delete it or correct any inaccuracies. We will either make the requested amendments or provide an explanation as to why we are not making changes.
If you leave the club, you can amend your club registration by logging into ‘My Account’. If you do this, the information you have provided will be archived for 60 days. During this period, you can transfer your information to another club. After this period, the information you have provided will be deleted, except where there is a legitimate and lawful reason to continue to hold your data. In the absence of a legitimate and lawful reason to retain any other information we hold about you, this will be delete after 12 months, unless you re-join the club within that period.
Changes to the privacy notice
We keep our privacy notices under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 1st October 2017.